Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Booster Covers/Mounting Hole Issues

I've been having a bit of trouble fitting my booster covers to the legs... turns out a couple of mounting holes were not lining up.

Here are some comparative measurements of my Outer Legs vs. Booster Covers mounting hole patterns.  All measurements are approximate:

1) The top two mounting holes on the Legs are 2.480" apart while the corresponding screw holes on the Boosters are wider, at 2.559" apart.

2) The distance between the top and bottom holes is 10.748" on the Legs vs. 10.807" for the Boosters.

3)  The bottom two Leg holes line up correctly with the Boosters... no change needed.

4) The mounting holes on the legs could be larger to accommodate pan-head machine screws (Increase hole diameter to .322" min.).

I'll have to machine a new set of custom booster covers to fit my existing set of Legs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment